Here’s a list of the concerts I enjoyed most in 2009. There’s not much of an order to these ten, except for number 1, which was an incredible evening for me for all sorts of reasons.
1. Jandek, B72, Vienna
2. Spiritualized, Krems, Austria
3. Peter Brötzmann/Toshinori Kondo/Massimo Pupillo/Paal Nilssen-Love, Fluc, Vienna
4. Ken Vandermark/Paal Nilssen-Love, Blue Tomato, Vienna
5. Mats Gustafsson/Barry Guy/Raymond Strid, Blue Tomato, Vienna
6. Sonore/The Thing, Blue Tomato, Vienna
7. Naked Lunch/Universalove, Gartenbaukino, Vienna
8. Sunn O)))/Pita, Arena, Vienna
9. Bruce Springsteen, Ernst Happel Stadium, Vienna
10. Kraftwerk, Wiesen, Austria
Kraftwerk is one of my all time favorites – especially because some of them are almost as old as I am.
Yes they are superb, even though it’s not quite the same without Florian – only one original member left now. Ralf Hütter is also fanatical about Cycling so that’s something else you have in common.
And – you will be interested to learn I am sure – that Brian Eno headlined the Sydney Vivid Festival. http://vividsydney.com/. All my Brian Eno music was on vinyl and got left behind but I have started buying it again as MP3.
ha ha ha, have managed to be at only two of these: kraftwerk who were excellent, and spiritualized, whom i found, as you know, absolutely terrible ;-) would have loved to be at nos 2 & 3 though….